Enquiry into A New Story for Humanity
The Hamblin Trust at Bosham, West Sussex, is hosting a presentation of the exciting and insightful new film conceived, developed and promoted by the Findhorn Foundation’s New Story Hub Group.
Entitled Enquiry into A New Story for Humanity: Change the Story, Change the World, the film takes us through various chapters devised from the New Story Summit of 2014. Chapters up for discussion at this interactive showing include:
- The Interdependence of all Life
- The Subtle Realms
- Earth Law
- Community and Sustainability
- Self Mastery
As humans, we find our way through story. Every so often it becomes clear that the prevailing story is no longer serving us. Now is such a time. The convergence of multiple crises we face on the planet requires collective solutions, and it is by gathering and working together in groups to dream into, and find our place within, a new story for humanity, that change will happen.
Join us at the Hamblin Trust to begin that change to a ‘more beautiful world our hearts know is possible.’
Refreshments are provided. The presentation is from 2 pm to 4 pm on Saturday, 2nd September 2017. The film is a gift from Findhorn, donations to cover Hamblin’s costs would be much appreciated. Any surplus monies will be gifted back to Findhorn for their ongoing New Story initiatives.
New Story Workshops
Speaking of New Story initiatives, inspired by and as a follow-up to the New Story film, Hamblin are also facilitating a series of interactive video-conferencing workshops conceived by the Findhorn Foundation.
Entitled Living the New Story, the 2-hour workshop sessions are held once a month on a Wednesday evening in the library at Hamblin, beginning 6th September 2017 and ending 14th March. The workshops include:
- Our Evolutionary Story – The Context for Our Journey – with Elisabet Sahtouris, evolution biologist and futurist. (6th September – session begins at 6.30pm with an introduction to the workshops by myself.)
- Transition – The Space Between Stories – with Charles Eisenstein, speaker and author focusing on themes of human culture and identity. (11th October – session begins at 7 pm.)
- Wanting Your Life – Thriving Intentions – with Pat McCabe of the Dine (Navajo) Nation, brings an understanding of indigenous ways. (1st November – session begins at 7 pm.)
- Reclaiming Your Power – Inner Listening for Outer Action – with Karambu Ingera, Founder and President of International Peace Initiatives. (6th December – session begins at 7 pm.)
- Taking Responsibility – What is Contribution? – with Robin Alfred, former Chair of Trustees of The Findhorn Foundation. (3rd January 2018 – session begins at 7 pm.)
- The Power of Community – Catalising Change – with Kosha Joubert, Executive Director of the Global Ecovillage Network. (7th February – session begins at 7 pm.)
- Final Session – Integration and Completion – with Mattie Porte and Robin Alfred. Mattie has lived and worked at Findhorn for 17 years. She is passionate about the evolution of consciousness. (14th Marth – session begins at 7 pm.)
Over the months, you are invited to take an experiential, participatory journey together into what needs to change in us, and in the human story. Each session will explore, at increasing levels of depth, what it is to live the new story personally, and accelerate it collectively.
A ‘donation’ of £5 per workshop would be much appreciated to cover costs at Hamblin. Any surplus will be gifted back to the New Story organisers at Findhorn. Refreshments are provided.
Participants are expected to commit to attending all of the workshops through to March 14th. A recording will be available should you miss one. Spaces for the workshops are limited. You will be able to sign-up for the workshops after the film showing at Hamblin (see above). If you can’t attend the show at Hamblin, but would like to participate, email me ([email protected]) to check on availability by Sunday, 3rd September.
I will be a facilitator at both these events and look forward to journeying with you. In gratitude and appreciation, Chris.
Hamblin Trust – http://www.thehamblintrust.org.uk Office telephone 01243 572109.
New Story Hub website – http://newstoryhub.com/
New Story Hub Film follow-up page – http://newstoryhub.com/film/explore/
Would like to make a gift to the ongoing New Story initiatives? http://newstoryhub.com/gift
New Story Facebook Community: https://www.facebook.com/FindhornNewStoryCommunity